Sunday, March 29, 2009

Marincello Trail and More... "You can't hurry goal"

This morning I checked my email and saw one from Tammy. Tammy was one of my members, when I was a Weight Watcher's leader. That was before the Breast Cancer, before Real Estate and before... I fell off the WW wagon, but undoubtedly some of my happiest days.


I was little different kind of weight watcher's leader. I would make up songs (sort like Al Yankovich, but not) for my meetings. To "Uptown Girl" it was "She's a Weight Watcher Girl." To "My Guy" it was "My plan." Then the ever popular "STOP in the name of goal, before you lose control". Tammy had seen my ad in the Novato Advance, her mother had sent it to her. Little did she know it was perfect timing for me to get her email. She said she still hears my songs in her head, and the one she remembers most was "You can't hurry Goal" (To the tune of "You can't hurry love."

Well, its true my training for the 3 day-60 mile walk. I am an overweight 55 year old woman, who cannot expect to be running 20 miles, when I was used to walking one block. I have broken this down into realistic sub-goals. For me it was 3 miles, then 6 then 8. Now I am adding hills and valleys and inclines I never though I could ascent. Today, I walked 5.42 miles along the Marincello Trail, the Miwok and more. As my taller than average husband sprinted ahead, I would call, "hey, how many inches shorter are my legs than yours...could you shorten that stride?!" When I felt like I couldn't go on, I would stop to take a picture and breathe.






















Was it worth it?! Look at the views from this day and tell me. I THINK SO!!!

1 comment: