Friday, May 28, 2010

Sex in the City, Power outages and Frien-er-ventions

Its been a stressful week. To go into each and every reason would be giving it too much credence. Suffice it to say, the week has had its share of blowhards, greed, stupidity and challenge. So when Patti said, do you want to go to "Sex in the City" with me tonight, I considered it...as the characters might call it, a "frien-er-vention".
We headed down to Smith Ranch Road where we were the very first ones there. I don't know if that is because people had read all the reviews or because it was for a 5:15 show, but there we were bright and early at 4:30, waiting to wait. Patty came dressed in style and I worried she might stand out... not to worry though as woman after woman came walking in to the theater in stilettos and jewels, a few hats and a couple of best guy gay friends in tow.


Watching the people turned out to be the best part of the movie. IMHO (In my humble Opinion) the movie succeeded in making the characters people who you didn't care much about. I know the TV show kind of showed the characters and characters, but I have heard reviewers say they used to seem smarter and less crass. I don't know if they have changed or the people who used to love the show remember them in a fonder light than they actually were. But here was portrayed a sex starved, aging nymphomaniac with no regard for societal customs in the middle east embarrassing herself and her friends, her country and her gender.... Sorry, but not my cup of tea. And really I am only kind of a prude really.


BUT , I loved seeing it with Patti as we laughed at Liza Minelli at the gay wedding, smiled at some of the other parts.... and generally enjoyed a girls night out.


We went to the Balboa Cafe in Mill Valley afterwards to have a cocktail and light dinner... Good time.


In the morning, the first it seemed in awhile without rain, I put on my walking gear. My first client appointment was at 1, so I figured I could walk down to work and walk back in plenty of time to get cleaned up and ready. It felt great in my new shoes....


My old ones have worn straight through.


I stopped to pick up a muffin and cappuccino at Starbucks before making my way to 100 Shoreline. I walked in the office what was still in the dark. Well, it was early, maybe no one was there. But there was John Adlam sitting by the light of his battery powered laptop playing solitaire. "The power's out", he announced. And sure enough when I went into my office, there I sat... waiting for some sort of sign that business could be done in this darkened office.


Carllie Tilton has joined my team, and today she had scheduled with the tech people, a visit to get her set up on the network. Randy from our IT department popped in... "Kind of hard to do anything without power." Ya think???? When Carllie came, the power still hadn't returned. The appointment had to be rescheduled. I walked back to the house and called Myriam and let her know we had to meet at my house to work through our challenging escrow.



On the way back up the hill... (some day I should determine how many feet I have to climb in how far to get home, because it is pretty steep...) I took time to look at some of the "weeds" along the way. Even in the most ordinary things there is incredible beauty if you just look





Over tea, and with a lot of sympathy for each other, we talked about what we could do about the stone wall we found ourselves in front of. I love working with my team. Myriam is a yang to my yin. She and I are very different, but together I think we are teaching each other a lot. I know our clients are getting extraordinary service. Now with Carllie on board we will just continue to get better and better. Knowing that helps in getting through this swampland we call Real Estate in 2010. Together we are navigating and trying our best to help our clients avoid the alligators and water moccasins hiding there, while trying to keep ourselves safe at the same time. So far so good!



Crisis averted.... we are heading into a Memorial Day weekend.

I WANT YOU to have a GREAT MEMORIAL DAY!

Mine will be busy!!!!!

Check back to see what the REAL MARIN GAL is doing.


Or come to the Calendonia Street Fair on Sunday 9-12, or visit my open house Sunday 1-4





Maybe you will see me on the road...walking.


There can't be enough frien-er-ventions out there. Here is one for you.


WINE WARS! August 13th 6-??? !!!!!!


RSVP now



More great donations arrive everyday. Today CLUB level Giants Tickets! THANKS LINDY!

No comments:

Post a Comment