Friday, July 24, 2009

18.39...time to recharge EVERYTHING!

SOLO sojourns


Right now my phone is being recharge, my I-Pod is being recharged, I am eating pop'ems and drinking water getting recharged. It was a long walk!

Since I will be away tomorrow, sailing and showing homes Sunday morning and holding an open house Sunday afternoon, I knew the long scheduled walks for the weekend were out. Even though, my business life has been hopping lately, I also knew I had to get in a long one somehow, so off I went at 8:00 headed down the hill to parts unknown.
That's actually not true, I knew I was going to make a stop at Patti's houseboat at 8:30. I had invitations to drop off. After drinking some fine Guatemalan coffee with Patti, I left her houseboat and headed out the door at 8:59. I looked right back at Tiburon, and I looked left out to Sausalito and SF and decided both ways were grey enough, I might as well head to the bridge.
My plan was to walk as far as 7.5 miles and turn around. But... as I zig zagged my way through Sausalito, it became apparent, I would have to extend my walk somehow to break my old record of 14.5 miles. When I got to Fort Baker and Cavallo Point the pedometer read 6.2 miles, not nearly far enough. I looked up at bridge and thought, "why did I come all this way to the bridge if I am not going to cross it?" It seemed logical...I could cross and I would definitely break the old record in the process. So up and over I went.

As I was crossing the bridge I got a call from a new client, got news about an offer on a listing and another from someone wanting to see one of my listings. I suppose we had Murphy's Law in effect. Take a walk where there is very little chance you will be able to do anything but talk on the phone, and the calls come for more. Once I crossed the bridge I chatted with clients on the phone, stretched and turned around.

The time constraints of this walk made me walk as fast as feasible through the tourist bikes and picture takers until I hit Marin and headed downhill into Fort Baker. My favorite walks are those in which I can stop, take a few photos, look around and BE there. But this was not to be. Too many phone calls, too much business to be done. I called Glenn to see if he agreed to pick me up and drive me up our hill if it was 3pm and I still wasn't home. I had no idea at the time how far I would ultimately make it, so I turned up the music and marched on. Down through Sausalito, through the parks and the houseboats sneaking a peak to see if Patti was there... on through the wetlands up to the cabin to wait for Glenn. NO GLENN!

So I walked on to the sign for our neighborhood and sat on Tia's bench to wait. After a few minutes Glenn did arrive and gave me a lift to our home. The pedometer read...18.39 miles!


My Saturday walk begs the question... does Cathy really walk on water? I will get to that ASAP...

Please send in your RSVP for Wine Wars... the NOT to be missed event of the season!

No comments:

Post a Comment