Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Dragging myself out on a walk

I've been tired. A combination of being busy and being worried. The busy I can usually handle, but this kind of worry is hard to shake.




It's been over 2 weeks since my client's daughter had her cancer surgery. They have been keeping a journal to keep friends updated on the latest news. There is no news and that gives me a horrible sinking feeling. I continue to pray and I thought, perhaps if I walked I could walk away the worry and be more focused on other things.




My daughter Katie is here visiting with her boyfriend Dom. I look at her and I think about when she was 2 years old. That exuberant little girl who could clear a room with her shrieks of laughter or tears. The little girl who would give away her favorite toy to someone she didn't know, because they might need it more. That little girl is now 26 and I cannot imagine if she had been dealt the card this little girl has been dealt.




We were blessed with two healthy girls. I am praying that this little girl and her family will learn good news soon. Little girls should grow up to be beautiful young ladies. They should grow to be sassy middle aged ladies and long into the evening of their lives




I focus on Breast Cancer because it is what I know. I also know funds that we raise to fight Breast Cancer will find their way to helping find cures to other cancers. So... I am going to continue to do what I can to keep other families from having to live through the hell of Cancer.












Meanwhile...take a look at the pictures I took today...


The Mill Valley border to Sausalito Ferry. Ferry to SF. Walk from the Ferry Building to the Mill Valley border. 16 miles.... and what do you get??? Hopefully closer to a world without cancer.



Japanese Ship

Puppy being dragged on the Beach


Pelican



Bomb Squad at Gaslight Cove



Bomb Squad investigating with TV camera on...



Hundreds of birds on the water below the Golden Gate Bridge



Cutting through the water



A piper on the bridge



Canadian geese

P.S. A welcome update from my client. There STILL is no news. So in this case no news is good news as far as I am concerned!


No comments:

Post a Comment