Friday, June 10, 2011

On a Mission



This morning I woke up and had one heck of a headache. You know the kind that make you sick to your stomach. It's been one heck of a stressful week, not about me necessarily but about people I care about. May its a sympathy Migraine, I don't know. But I do know I had a mission I was intent on completing today.




The brave little girl and her family are headed back home after their time at the hospital and I knew exactly want I wanted to get to celebrate this. Now, I really don't' know when I will be seeing them. They live far away, but I knew I had to go to the city to complete my Mission.



Plus here we are 3 and a half months until the 3 day, and I definitely need to be training more regularly. Today was relatively clear of work conflicts so I took my Excedrin Migraine, waited awhile, topped it off with sinus medicine and headed out the door.




I walked from our house to the Ferry terminal in Sausalito and grabbed a Ferry. Once in SF I took a 4 mile walk to and from my destination and returned to the ferry (goodies in hand). Then I walked back home, and up our mountainous hill collapsing when I got inside. Finally we have some warmer weather and I was HOT!




But I tell you what, I haven't forgotten the "do something nice for someone" request I had received. I took the photos of 3 families at the Ferry terminal, I gave directions, I held open a door and gave someone my place in line. And you know what, by the end of everything the headache was a distant memory and I had accomplished what I had hoped to do. Not bad for a Friday that started with a Migraine!

1 comment:

  1. It feels great to be helping others. Sadly I feel like I don't do much to help strangers but reading your post made me realize that helping others is where happiness comes from. Knowing that my help and kindness made a difference in someone's day. :] Thanks!

    ReplyDelete